December 30, 2012

"...and the feeling that it's all a lot of oysters, but no pearls."

It's been a season of loss for some dear friends and myself. One right after the other. Dads and Moms and babies and brothers. Sometimes it's just too much. I hold fast to the truth that God and good friends are our great comfort during these times...we have each other. This was in the bulletin of a funeral I attended this weekend. I thought it was beautiful and fitting: "We are pilgrims on a journey, we are travelers on the road. We are here to help each other walk the mile and bear the load. I will hold the Christ-light for you, in the night-time of your fear. I will hold my hand out to you, speak the peace you long to hear. I will weep when you are weeping, when you laugh, I'll laugh with you. I will share your joy and sorrow, until we've seen this journey through." 

For my friend, C, who lost his baby brother. 

For my friend, S, who lost her father. 

For my college roommate and one of my favorite people on the planet, M, who lost her father in a sudden and tragic way, just days before Christmas. 

For my co-worker, L, who lost her mother. 

For my friend, K, who lost her father. 

And, of course, for all those friends and families who lost their loved ones during the senseless shooting in Connecticut. 

This is all in one month, y'all. It's been a long December indeed. 

No comments:

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved